Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Thoughts on Grandma's Dinner Rolls

My aunt recently started a food blog. She is, beyond a doubt, one of the best people to be making a baking/cooking blog. Some of my early memories of Su Anne put her in the kitchen whipping together a dinner that, for a five-year old at least, was FAR to spicy for my tongue. Looking at her blog tonight I noticed a recipe for Grandma's Best Dinner Rolls and knew immediately the rolls she was referring to. This recipe is a true classic - it is the stuff that secret family recipes are made of. Write this one down folks because its a genuine keeper. We have been enjoying these buns at every family event for as long as I can remember. I am posting about it tonight because I can hardly believe the recipe is even allowed to see the light of day. But thats Grandma for you. She's always been proud of her baking and always ready to share!

I will have to try these buns out for myself! Grandma doesn't use a stand mixer so I will experiment around to see if Arty is of any use for this classic. Look for a posting soon.

Photo by: Su Anne Struthers

No comments:

Post a Comment