Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thoughts on Exercise - Run for the Cure

Maybe its all the free time spent doing very little, maybe its all the delicious recipes being concocted in my kitchen, maybe its the natural effect marriage has....

Either way, I gotta get my butt in gear and start exercising more. I figure if I don't get into a good groove before school starts, my goal of developing a regular exercise schedule will be even harder to achieve.

I therefore present myself the following challenge: participate in the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation Run for the Cure here in Kingston on October 2, 2011. Its a 5 km run raising funds for breast cancer research, education, and support - a cause I wholeheartedly support!

Please support this cause by pledging me in the race! Visit My Run For the Cure Fundraising Page to donate to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation

I currently run about 3.5km in 20 minutes and I haven't completed in a 5 km race for probably a decade so the Run for the Cure seems like a pretty good goal and incentive to push myself.

The goal: finish the 5km race in under 30 minutes

The plan: Run at least 3 times per week with my doggie Ria (she's the pace keeper for the first 3k) Starting today with the goal of making it 4 km, then increasing to 5 km and improving time.



The inspiration



Looks like even the inspiration could use some inspiration - she's a bit of a couch potato herself

No comments:

Post a Comment