Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Raisin Buns


My mother-in-law made these delicious buns for us yesterday. Similar to a raisin tea biscuit, these buns are deliciously light and very tasty warmed with a bit of butter. I had two for breakfast, a wonderful accompaniment to my morning coffee.



Ingredients

3 cups flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups raisins
3/4 cups butter
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
6 tsp baking powder

Beat egg and milk together. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cut into scones with a medium sized cookie cutter or drinking glass. Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Enjoy while still warm out of the oven, keep in a sealed plastic bag.


I don't know about you, but when I travel I do not pack my stand mixer. Its a good thing this recipe was so incredibly simple no stand mixer was required. You can whip these buns together with your big strong Newfie arms no problem! 

No comments:

Post a Comment